Arlington Fire Chief issues warning after wave of fires
ARLINGTON, MA – Arlington Fire Chief Kevin Kelley is warning residents to take precautions after a recent spate of fires.
On Saturday, May 29, a three-alarm fire broke out on Egerton Road, displacing five people.
“This was the third fire in as many weeks, and I want to thank the women and men of the Arlington Fire Department for their continued diligence in how they respond to and put out the fires,” Kelley said. “While there is nothing in common between this fire and two recent fires, these incidents serve as a reminder to make sure you have good working smoke detectors in your home as well as an escape plan.”
Additional security measures include emergency phone numbers practice, practice fire drills at home and ensure proper disposal of cigarettes. With the grilling season underway, residents are reminded that grilling is prohibited on apartment or condominium balconies, as well as anywhere above the first floor of any home.
Firefighters recommend that all barbecue grills be placed at ground level at least 15 feet from all combustibles, such as wooden porches, siding, decks, sliding glass doors, or open windows. They should also be protected against accidental overturning by playing children. Read additional fire safety tips and frequently asked questions on arlingtonma.gov/fire.
To request that your name be removed from an arrest report, submit these required elements at [email protected]
The response rules:
- Be respectful. It is a space for friendly local exchanges. No racist, discriminatory, vulgar or threatening language will be tolerated.
- Be transparent. Use your real name and save your claims.
- Keep it local and relevant. Make sure your answers stay on topic.
- Review it Community patch guidelines.