SVN No: SVN 2022 208
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organizational unit: Professional staff, grade P2
Type of appointment: Special short-term graduation, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated start date: As soon as possible
- Under the general supervision of the Head of Sub-Office and the direct supervision of the Program Support Unit Coordinator, and in close coordination with senior management, resource management and program managers, the successful candidate will support the resource mobilization and external liaison functions of the mission. through grant management and project development, donor reporting and fundraising.
Main functions / Responsibilities
- Support the organization’s project development actions by writing segments, reviewing and facilitating the submission of project proposals, concept notes, appeals and donor contracts.
- Contribute to and coordinate the timely and accurate preparation and dissemination of reports, including monthly, interim and final reports for donors according to program objectives, work plans and deadlines set by project agreements.
- Research, write and submit other documents that may be required for project development, reporting and donor liaison purposes.
- Support grant management by tracking operational, administrative and financial aspects of new and ongoing projects, including activation, processing, approval, record keeping and submissions in accordance with external/internal requirements.
- In coordination with Program Support Unit Coordinator (Maiduguri) and Public Information Officer (Abuja), produce visibility materials for publicity and/or resource mobilization efforts by compiling/drafting content and performing editing.
- Provide technical and administrative support to program coordinators and project managers in the preparation of meetings and other consultations with donors, including assisting in the preparation of notes, briefs and other documents.
- Support unit knowledge management and maintain accurate and relevant records of all correspondence, development and project report files, relevant databases and other projects.
- Development and Reporting Information.
- Provide technical advice and support for monitoring and evaluation aspects of other IOM programs in Maiduguri.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications and experience required
- Master’s degree in development, management, political or social science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; Where
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience liaising with donors, government authorities, UN agencies, others
- national/international institutions, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and other stakeholders;
- Experience in writing reports and proposals and in project development activities.
- Experience working in an emergency and/or transition and recovery context is a strong asset;
- Experience in the logical framework approach, results-based management and other strategic planning approaches, including M&E methods and approaches; and,
- Experience in data management, analysis and reporting in a humanitarian or development field
- Strong organizational and writing skills;
- Working knowledge of IOM processes and systems (PRIMA);
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and write clearly and accurately;
- Strong analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Knowledge of project development, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
- Ability to understand organizational structure and portfolios;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team of colleagues from various cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely within set deadlines;
- Hands-on experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
- The official languages of IOM are English, French and Spanish.
- External candidates for all Professional category positions must be fluent in English and have at least a working knowledge of one other UN language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage. Proficiency in the required language(s) will be specifically
Required Skills :
Values - all IOM staff members are expected to uphold and demonstrate these three values:
Inclusion and respect for diversity:
- Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency:
- Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a calm, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioral Indicators Level 2
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and between units to achieve common goals and maximize results.
- Delivering Results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed results.
- Manage and share knowledge: constantly seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Owns the achievement of organizational priorities and takes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex topics in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial skills – Level 2 behavioral indicators:
- Provides clear direction, leads by example and demonstrates ability to achieve the organization’s vision; helps others realize and develop their potential.
Empower others and build trust:
- Creates an atmosphere of trust and a conducive environment where staff can bring their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision
- Works strategically to achieve organizational goals and communicates clear strategic direction.
- Internationally recruited professional staff should be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy announcement is subject to confirmation of funding.
- This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations.
- Recommended candidates will remain eligible for appointment to a similar position for a period of 24 months.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States that are not represented in the professional category of staff members.
- For this category of staff, candidates who are nationals of the country of the duty station cannot be considered eligible. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for people hired as of November 15, 2021